UPAI 0.9.9.3 Update

The update is progressing, but definitely behind schedule.  During test with Unity Editor 5.6, it was discovered that there were some bugs, related to causing the Unity Editor to crash.  The issues have been found and fixed, but due to the changes, I have to go back into the new editor scripts, and updates some of the functionality.

v0.9.9.2B (Unity 2017.x, Windows only still) Submitted to Asset Store as of this afternoon...

I am happy to announce that v0.9.9.2B has been submitted to the Asset Store for approval.  The only change/fix is for being able to continue to use the UAPI after upgrading from 5.x into 2017.x and above.  Beta version of 2018.x have not been tested, and I'm still trying to play catch up with all of the changes in between v5 and v2017 for UPAI v0.9.9.3, which is finalizing finishing up DEV/TESTING.   I'm re-testing, now, due to all of the security changes to the OS and .Net, regarding SPECTRE and MELTDOWN, as there were some potential breaking changes to the .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.5.

Massive Data Loss - Where to go from here...

I was informed this evening, from my hosting provider, that due to an incident at one of their offsite facilities, their email systems for some web-hosting customers, were lost due to an issue with a mass power failure that corrupted numerous servers, as well as the backups of said hosted email servers.  What this means is that I've lost all customer contact data, feedback, recommendations, etc from as far back as January, 2015.  This is embarrassing as I wanted to implement my own backups, but was assured that any lost data would be recovered on their end.  This is not the case.  Because of this, i will not have an update to the UPAI, as I've lost some very important data from the disruption in service.  At this point, I am assured that no data is recoverable, and all is lost.  Again, this is absolutely embarrassing, and I am not sure how to begin recovering any of the data.  If you have purchased the UPAI since January, 2015, please contact me direc ...

Possible compatibility issues with UPAI v0.9.9.2 and Unity 5.6.x and above

If you are using the UPAI and have upgraded to Unity 5.6, this may break some of the web functionality under UPAI -> Help menu items.  The local help file should still work, but any calls out to my web services may fail due to some of the changes made from 5.5.x to 5.6.x. The indexing/search functionality should continue to work. Currently, I am focusing on getting the latest update out for compatibility to 5.0.x to 5.5.x. Once 0.9.9.3 has been launched, i will then work on the comparability issues for 5.6.x and above, and then release an alternate package, specifically targeting that version of unity. Rob

v0.9.9.3 is still in the dev/test phase

While testing the new Scanning Engine this evening, I found an issue that will affect a certain group of users. The users that will be affected by the issue I found (including myself...), has to do with the Asset Store-5.x directory being setup as a junction to another location on the system. Most people do this, so that they don't run out of space on their C: drive, due to all of the packages that they've purchased/downloaded. Because accessing the file, without .Net being involved, because the file itself contains a ReparsePoint attribute, the OS instinctively decides to add the file to the System Page Files Standby (Reserved) memory, which overtime, can become quite large in size. Because the process is scanning virtually every package file, this causes the system to eventually run out of memory. The problem is that unity only supports .Net v3.5 (CLR 2.0), but MemoryMappedFile management wasn't added until .Net 4.x, which isn't currently supported by Unity at the moment. I've ...

v0.9.9.3 is almost ready for testing...

After applying the fix from this mornings identified issue, I'm delaying the Asset Store submission, so that the changes can be tested, in order to make sure that it hasn't inadvertently affected any of the new features/enhancements.  I'll let everyone know when testing has been completed, and when the package is ready to be submitted to the Asset Store for approval. 

v0.9.9.2 Submitted to Asset Store for approval...

I have submitted a fix for the Newtonsoft.Json namespace conflict, and a few others in an update submitted this evening.  the update also includes a custom cleanup script, that will remove old UPAI assets from the project.  It is setup to look in specific locations/names of the Plugins folder in the project, so it should not remove anything outside of the UPAI app itself.

WebSite registration issues fixed

I have located the issues on the back-end, and have applied the fixes for verification emails to go out.  If you never received an email verification, I went ahead and authorized all of the pending verification accounts, so you should be able to now login.  also, for the time being, please use the forums for posting any issues with the UPAI.  This link will get you to the proper page, to do so.